Amy offers strategic advice and governance to a range of entities based on her unique combination of commercial legal expertise and senior government experience that allow her to work effectively across many fields.
As a skilled communicator, with a high work rate and meticulous attention to detail, Amy has proven herself as effective in both governance and operations across both the private and public sectors.
Over 16 years as a practising lawyer and 12 years in public life, Amy has developed a reputation as an effective performer, with high integrity, who knows how to get things done. She is adept in solving complex problems with multiple competing priorities at play and operates comfortably across urban and rural sectors, domestically and internationally.
Amy serves on a number of Boards including her current position as Chancellor of the University of Canterbury.
Career highlights to date include:
* Serving as part of the establishment and then inaugural boards of NZ's biggest Crown entity, Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand,
* Six years as a Cabinet Minister holding many roles across a wide range of sectors (details on CV page),
* Five years leading the Government's $2 billion Investment in building world class fibre internet networks and cellular connectivity programmes across New Zealand under the UFB (Ultra Fast Broadband) and RBI (Rural Broadband Initiative) programmes,
* Developing and rolling out New Zealand's first ever National Freshwater Quality Standards and nationally mandated State of the Environment Reporting laws,
* A complete overhaul of Family Violence legislation and practise models including co-chairing the ministerial group that delivered the all of Government response to family violence and created the Integrated Safety Response pilots,
* Working across Parliament to deliver an unprecedented expungement scheme for historical homosexuality convictions and a Parliamentary apology to those affected,
* Being the first ever Minister in charge of social investment and a data lead approach to a citizen centric, cross Government model for delivering social services for those most in need,
* Delivering the 2017 ANZAC Day dawn service speech for New Zealand at ANZAC Cove, Gallipoli.
Amy is driven by a passion to make a difference and works hard to achieve this in any role she holds. She believes in nurturing strong teams who share loyalty to a common objective as a critical component of success in any field.
Whether it's in the commercial arena where there is a need to know how to better engage with Government, in the Government arena, needing to lift performance or better engage with stakeholders, or the not for profit sector, Amy has a focus on results.